If you find an afternoon of careful email writing to be quite thrilling, love the potential of small businesses and bringing big ideas to life, have some creative ability that is tucked away in the form of design/typesetter/videographer/photographer/etc, and love being around it then read on!
As the Operations Manager, you are required to multi-task in order to manage all of the agency’s efforts and resources to meet all client’s deadlines and expectations. You will be responsible for ensuring that projects run smoothly and deadlines are kept while bringing the executive team aware of all facets of the agency’s production schedule. The ideal candidate has operations or project management experience, understands marketing/design/development strategy, works well with people and is capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
The Operations Manager is the air traffic controller. You should be looking at your resources (team members), comparing it to our capacity of billable work, and accurately forecasting if/when we need to hire, sign more projects, etc.
- Meet with all departments (video, design, development, marketing) to review basecamp tasks, discuss priorities for the week, and make sure you’re pushing billable projects out the door, so we can invoice.
- Manage all Harvest budgets, move overage of time to new budgets, archive budgets (run a report for duration of sprint budget), etc
- Ensure cross-functional team cooperation and communication
- Help strategize with AM’s to manage clients on project scope, budget, timeline, project risks, deliverables, and most importantly communication.
- Work across management levels to ensure project requests are followed up on and resourced appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or a related technical field; MBA or postgraduate work a plus
- Knowledge of and/or prior experience strongly desired with Scrum/agile development methodologies
- Strong technical, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with Basecamp, Harvest, Trello
- Experience managing contractors
- Previous agency experience
- A love for people, team collaboration, and new ideas
Do You Like Perks? We Have Perks.
- We’ll cover your health care. Boom.
- Company-provided Macbook and Display
- State-of-the-art standing desks (if you want) but comfy seats (if you don’t)
- Twelve (12) paid holidays
- Ten (10) days paid time off in the first year, accrued on a weekly basis. Additional PTO is earned based on tenure
- Remote time, earned on an accrued basis, as well as monthly company-wide remote days
- Catered lunches on us once a month
- Quarterly meetings followed by a warm and fuzzy teambuilding experience (Baseball games! Polo matches! Go kart racing!)