LEAN, MEAN WEBSITE MACHINE
1. STRATEGY & DISCOVERY
We’ll kick things off with a questionnaire and a few interviews to better understand your company, your target audience, your functionality requirements and, most importantly, your competition.
- Meet with you to for a strategy consultation where we talk about project goals and visions for the future
- Research competitors (yes, you have them)
- Map the inspiration for your website on mood boards
- Define your distinctive look and feel by finding your brand’s core themes and positioning approach
2. INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE & UI/UX DESIGN
This is where things get real and is our favorite part of the process. Ideas from our discovery phase are transferred into the foundation of your new website and we make your brand story come to life, with appropriate aesthetics and styling. The Figmints team will consider structure and usability as we:.
- Map out the navigation and page organization in a sitemap
- Elevate the site’s user experience, from a high level and with granularity
- Define functionality and content using custom page layouts for browser, mobile, and tablet view
- Style tiles to explore visual options and mood
- Polished, custom designs for specific modules or complete responsive layouts for tailored mobile experiences
3. DEVELOPMENT & TESTING
From front end visual implementation, to the logic of back end development, or even the meticulous testing of browsers and devices, you can learn all about our development process. Form is only as good as its function. In this phase, we comprehensively code and test your website.
- Skin the front-end designs
- Develop back-end features and set up API integrations
- Set up the Content Management System (CMS)
- Test low level features such as database communications, links, forms
- Ensure site is responsive with all browser types, tablets, and mobile devices
4. REFINEMENT & LAUNCH
After adding content to make the site your own, the big day arrives!
- Address any issues from testing
- Set up, secure, and performance tune the production server (add SSL if necessary)
- Migrate site from staging to production server
- Set off fireworks in our parking lot to celebrate your new amazing site
We seek a partnership with our clients (rather than the typical designer-client relationship) and strongly believe that your business is something that we can proudly be a part of. Our hope is to garner an on-going relationship through this project to be a go-to creative strategy partner for the development of creative materials as well as interactive experiences.