Full-Time or Contract | Providence, Rhode Island
Figmints is looking for an inspiring, savvy UI/UX Designer to join our growing creative studio. In this role, you would exhibit a thoughtful approach to producing quality designs and help establish a high visual design standard that is relevant and resonant in a variety of markets and contexts.
About the Role
As a UX/UI Designer, you will be responsible for creating beautiful digital experiences for our customers and their users.
You will work directly with our partners to analyze user pain points and objectives through qualitative and quantitative research, and leverage design best practices to explore, define, test, and deliver web and mobile app products.
You’ll help our clients define and refine brand guidelines, visual direction, and look and feel. You will develop design systems and deliver annotated high-fidelity designs and assets.
What You’ll Do
- Use your full range of skills from product thinking to visual design to build delightful and functional experiences on iOS, Android, and web apps
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, stakeholders, and more to deliver great experiences
- Produce high-quality design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes
- Participate in team/company initiatives, design critiques, and collaboration sessions
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You have a strong understanding of visual hierarchy, layout, and information architecture
- You have some working knowledge of user research processes and methodologies
- You enjoy the collaborative environment as well as a head-down approach to your work
- Strong portfolio showcasing problem-solving skills and high design caliber
- 2+ years of experience working in a UI/UX or product design role
- Experience working with iOS, Android, and web interfaces
- Expertise with Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator (and other design tools)
- Familiarity with programming languages and experience working with developers is a plus